I’m now available to teach private lessons —
electronic music, Max/MSP, voice, composition
in person or via Skype / Google hangout etc..
email me “post[at]dafna.info” for more information
A short hiatus from performing.. but I have been super busy mixing a backlog of pieces:
Been mixing these pieces:
• Stabat Mom with Kitty Brazelton with our project What is it Like to be a Bat?
• Panda Half-Life, my piece for the vocal sextet Magic Names and live sound processing
• Robotica, my piece for voice, electronics and LEMUR music robots.
but there are also some upcoming gigs:
• March 24th with Ras Moshe / Shayna Dulberger (Brecht Forum)
• March 29 & 31 for Shelley Hirsch & Simon Ho (their CD release concerts at Roulette)
meanwhile, please check out this video from my performance at Vital Vox Festival back in November !
I am working on mixing several projects which I hope will be published soon..
“Panda Half-Life” (commissioned for Magic Names vocal sextet) — live sound processing complex vocal sextet writing and gestural controllers (Wii and iPhones). We recorded at NYU Dolan Studios, amazing room and microphones, and great singers!
Also an as-yet-unreleased What is it Like to be a Bat ? piece — “StaBAT mom” — juxtaposes wild math-rock, noise, Morse code with dark and beautiful songs about mothering and the redemption found in the Pergolesi Stabat Mater.
.. coming soon .. video from my March performance of Robotica with Eric Singer’s LEMUR robots
This fall, I will be speaking at Cycling ’74 Expo in Brooklyn, as well as teaching Electronic Music Performance at NYU, and a few new courses at Bloomfield College. In November, I will perform at Vital Vox (solo), the Gershwin Hotel and EMPAC (for Neil Rolnick’s piece MONO with some great singers from Magic Names vocal sextet, Robert Osborne, Daisy Press, Nick Hallett)